We are a diverse team from around the world, working together on a mission to set a new standard of trust online. Join our People Operations team as a remote Talent Acquisition Manager to help shape the future growth of the DuckDuckGo team.
As part of our People Ops team, you will be collaborating with hiring teams to understand unique needs for their teams, consulting on the criteria for the role, sourcing diverse candidates, and managing the end-to-end hiring process.
We are fully-remote and seek to empower our team to be self-directed and motivated in their projects. If that seems awesome and you like the idea of our core values -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- you'll fit right in!
What you will do:
- Lead development of new hiring requisitions by collaborating with hiring teams on candidate evaluation criteria, evaluation project design, and writing the job description
- Own the end-to-end hiring process including recruiting, screening resumes, interviewing applicants, and managing the candidate experience
- Consult with hiring teams to offer insight into their decision-making throughout the hiring process
- Find unique ways to source candidates and execute experiments to determine effectiveness
- Take responsibility for our passive hiring and internal referrals strategy
What we are looking for:
- Past experience, minimum of 4 years, working in a talent management function as a decision-maker. Bonus points if your experience relates to technical roles or remote teams.
- Strong organizational skills, you have an eye for detail and are not afraid to use it!
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong communication skills: You clearly articulate, in verbal and written communication, your recommendations and decisions.
- Comfortable providing feedback to an array of stakeholders, internal and external, to the organization
Other things to know:
- We are a small, remote team in different time zones and communicate with a variety of tools throughout the day. You should feel comfortable with the intricacies of this type of work situation and balancing communicating with candidates across these different time zones.
- Sometimes we meet up! You can expect to travel at least 2x a year: once for our all-hands meetup and another for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days). You may also be required to travel for recruiting events throughout the year.
- We want to have a major impact on raising the standard of trust online. To do this we believe in a focused approach, with company-wide objectives, and with each team member working on a single top priority at a time.
- Our work philosophy is built upon empowered project management. All team members have opportunities to run projects.
- All projects are run transparently, and we encourage everyone to participate in areas of interest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback around the product and internal projects.
- We try to exemplify our values (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction) in everything we do.
DuckDuckGo does not work with any recruiting agencies or services. A big part of our culture is to work with each candidate on a one-to-one basis throughout our unique hiring process.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you. Use the application to apply!