We are a diverse, fully distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join our team as a remote Senior Product Designer, Mobile and help shape the DuckDuckGo user experience across our mobile apps.
As part of our growing team, you will collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and close major gaps in our mobile products. You will be involved in the entire design process, from ideation to execution, and have a voice in all product decisions, big and small.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you'd thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- you'll fit right in!
What you will do:
- Lead projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing vague problems, proposing high impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Practice hands-on leadership, by creating pixel perfect mockups, flows, and prototypes that guide our mobile teams to a solution.
- Champion the future of our apps by keeping the team informed of the latest requirements and mobile OS releases.
- Solve challenging design problems in a creative and visually impactful way.
- Lead development of projects by taking vague problems, scoping them into high impact projects, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Collaborate with mobile engineers to ship exceptional mobile experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create impactful work that is informed by data and user feedback.
- Actively participate in maintaining a strong design culture with an openness to educate others with your expertise.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of product design experience with a minimum of 2+ years in senior-level design positions at significant global consumer brands.
- A proven track record and hands-on strengths in designing native mobile apps, as demonstrated in your portfolio.
- Strong attention to craft and an ability to produce high quality mockups and prototypes that will end up directly in the hands of users.
- Relevant knowledge in native mobile apps requirements with an eye on what's possible in future releases.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility with acute attention to detail.
- Prior experience participating in multiple areas of the product process, e.g. user testing, producing mockups.
- Ability to carry ideas forward with confidence and discretion while working proactively, independently and transparently.
- Expertise working with and evolving design systems across products.
- Proficiency with leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data in making design decisions.
Other things to know:
- While we leverage specific job titles for hiring purposes, we do not use them internally. Instead, we follow our own professional levels, with expectations for each level clearly defined across several dimensions.
- We are a small, remote team distributed across time zones, and we rely on a variety of communication tools throughout the day. You should feel comfortable with the intricacies of this type of work situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- We believe in a focused approach to collaboration, where individual team members work on a single top priority at a time, each supporting larger, company-wide objectives. This philosophy serves to impact our vision to raise the standard of trust online.
- Our work philosophy centers on empowered project management. All team members have opportunities to run projects.
- Transparency supports individual and team success at DuckDuckGo. We encourage everyone to participate in areas of interest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback about our products and internal projects.
- We strive to exemplify our values (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction) in everything we do.
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
- We support professional development of our team members through career advisory and a learning stipend, reinforcing our culture of growth and skill-building.
Other reasons to love working at DuckDuckGo:
- Flexible vacation and sick leave practices
- Flexible work schedule
- Company-wide hack days
- Company and team meetups
- Open participation in company strategy
- Family leave policy
- Co-working reimbursement
- Hardware and office setup benefits
- Wellness and learning benefits
- Charitable donation matching
- US health benefits
- US 401k
- "Use good judgment" approach to company policies
DuckDuckGo does not work with any recruiting agencies or services. Instead, we work with each candidate one-on-one throughout a unique hiring process that we've built to reflect our company culture.
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you. Use the application to apply!
Please note that:
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that information submitted is accurate and that you understand falsification is cause for denial of employment or termination.