We are a diverse team from around the world working together on a mission to make DuckDuckGo the world’s most trusted search engine, and we want your help!
Join us as a Senior Designer and become part of the team leading the transformation of the DuckDuckGo user experience.
As part of our small design team, you will be collaborating with team members at all levels to continually enhance the relevancy, usability, and design of our search engine. Using a full range of design skills, you will be involved in the entire design process, from ideation to execution. You will have a voice in all product decisions, both big and small.
We're a remote company built on personal autonomy within team projects. Every person at DuckDuckGo shares the responsibility to push the boundaries of what is possible in search. By joining us at this stage, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on our product.
What you will do:
- Seek out and execute creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Partner with a team of designers and engineers to explore and execute new features and products
- Manage projects from scoping to implementation while communicating clear updates to our remote team
What we are looking for:
- You have 7+ years of related product design experience
- You have knowledge in Adobe creative suite and Sketch
- You have proven project management expertise
- You’re able to adapt designs across a variety of platforms and devices, and you understand the opportunities and limitations with each
- You’re familiar with prototyping
- You have a general understanding of front-end development and implementation
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate design decisions
- You think at a high level about creative strategy and vision, but can also execute based on provided direction
- You are able to use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to validate design decisions
- Can adapt quickly and seamlessly adjust focus and/or goals
Other things to know:
- We are a small, remote team in different time zones and communicate with a variety of tools throughout the day. Ideally, you will feel comfortable with the intricacies of this type of work situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! You can expect to travel at least 2x a year: once for our all-hands meetup and another for a team retreat ( Each ~ 4-5 days)
- We want to have a major impact on raising the standard of trust online. To do this we believe in a focused approach, and work on a single top priority at a time.
- Our work philosophy is built upon empowered project management. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback around the product and internal projects.
- We are open to sharing ideas and challenging the status quo regardless of your internal role. We encourage you to participate in areas of interest throughout the company.
- We try to exemplify our values (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction) in everything we do, and hope you will too!
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you using the application below.